Friday 22 February 2013

Street Style Steal #1: Midis & Hats

You may remember that back in December I decided to start a 'Favourites' series, which I kicked off with a post on my miscellaneous favourite of the month: 'The Garrison' (post here, if you're interested).

My next 'favourites' category is 'Street Style'. I love people watching and taking in all the different sights around me, and I particularly take an interest in how people style their outfits in day to day life. I think it's a great source of inspiration because some trends and outfit choices can seem out of reach in magazines or on catwalks, whilst street style is real and obtainable.

I will be posting a up picture of an outfit I have seen someone wearing out and about that I have particularly liked and I will show how you can 'steal' their look. I hope you like it!


  1. ASOS Midi Dress In Spot Print - I never thought I'd be a fan of the midi length dress or skirt but I actually really like it. I think it makes a nice change to a shorter style of skirt, without looking as dramatic as a maxi length. I couldn't find a midi length dress or skirt in a leopard print pattern but I chose a burgundy colour with black polka dots instead. I think any pattern would look nice in this look, but I'm especially into berry colours at the moment.
  2. New Look Black Textured Knit Crop Jumper - I think putting a plain cropped jumper over the midi dress makes the look even more wearable for day time whilst adding some extra warmth. I like to layer jumpers over any style of dress to give an outfit a more relaxed feel.
  3. Topshop Stone Mesh Bead Collar - A statement necklace can really set off an outfit, as Lucy demonstrates so well in the picture. I love the burnished gold colour of the metal alongside the crystal's - I think it's stunning and really unique.
  4. River Island Block Heel Boots - Due to the small heel, these boots dress the outfit up slightly and make a nice change from a flat ankle boot or pumps without being impractical.
  5. Black Western Fringe Across Body Bag - I'm a big fan of across the body bags especially for a day in uni or a long day out because they're a bit comfier and more practical than handbags. I think the fringe and the metal detailing are a really nice touch.
  6. Urban Outfitters Rolled Bowler Hat - I've really got into hats recently and I'm dying to get my hands on a bowler hat just like this one. In my opinion, hats aren't worn enough and they can really pull an outfit together! They also do this hat in a burgundy colour but I thought it would be a bit 'matchy-matchy' with the dress colour. (Other websites such as boohoo do cheaper versions but I particularly liked the shape of the UO one). 
So there we go, that's how you can 'steal' that street style. I think, with a leather jacket chucked over it, this is the perfect outfit for this time of year. 

What do you think of it? Have any of the pieces caught your eye?

Chem x




p.s. Please excuse the 'shabby-chic' nature of my outfit collage - I'm just starting to get to grips with Photoshop so it's all a learning curve! Also, there seem to be some feint stripes in the background when you look at it a certain way which I just could not get rid of - any tips or ideas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment