Monday 18 March 2013

OOTD: Joni Jeans & Denim Shirt

Another outfit post for you all! This is just a simple outfit I put together to pop into town.

The trousers are the newest addition to my jean family. They're the Topshop 'Joni' which I'm sure you've heard all about. I've been looking for a pair of high-waisted jeans for a while and I'd recently been trying on the American Apparel 'easy jeans' but was really disappointed with their fit, so when I saw these I was thrilled. Although I absolutely love them, I've found the side seam goes white when I wear them which is a bit annoying - has anyone else found this?! I think I may have to take a black marker to them and ignore it! I sized down in these because, as a religious wearer of the 'Leigh' jeans, I knew they'd go a bit baggy. I'm trying to break them in at the moment, and, after sacrificing the odd breath here and there, they're slowly loosening up. Breathing is overrated anyway...

The parka I've had for over two years now and it's really starting to show! It's my go-to coat when it's cold so it's been perfect for the recent snowy days. The denim shirt I don't wear nearly enough, but whenever I do I really like how it looks so I'm definitely going to incorporate it into my outfits more. I've also really been liking frilly socks with boots/converse so I chucked them on to add a little something to the outfit.

I don't wear my hair up very often but hair left to dry over night and rainy days are certainly not my friends so I decided to do a quick and messy ponytail. 

I know the background isn't the most interesting (please excuse the mess) but my housemate kindly took them quickly before popping out. There will be more picturesque photographs in the next outfit posts, I promise! On the upside, I finally worked out how to format my pictures in the way I wanted to; baby steps...!
Parka: Newlook (old - similar here)
Denim Shirt: ASOS (similar in New Look)
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins sale (similar here)
Black Joni Jeans: Topshop
Frilly Socks: ASOS
Boots: Newlook Sale (similar on ASOS)
Bag: River Island (old - couldn't find anything similar!)

Have you tried the 'Joni' jeans? What do you think of denim shirts?

Chem x

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's so sweet, thank you! Thank you for checking out my blog as well, really appreciate it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit, really like your denim shirt:)X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it! Really appreciate you taking a look at my blog :) x

      Delete