Saturday 16 March 2013

OOTN: Monochrome

It was my birthday last week, and I'm not at the ripe old age of 22, I can't believe it. Somehow 22 seems so much older than 21 but there we go. My boyfriend and I went out for dinner as part of the celebrations, so I thought I'd show you my 'outfit of the night'.

The outfit became entirely monochrome, not intentionally, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I really like contrasting a blazer with a more casual and slouchy t-shirt (which I also can't get enough of at the moment) As you can see, it wasn't a particularly dressy outfit, although I think the disco pants and platform boots really dressed it up. I can see myself emulating this outfit in the day time when (if?!) the weather gets a bit warmer; swapping the disco pants and boots for jeans and converse.

I think a blazer is such as staple piece which looks great dressed up or down. I was looking for a reasonably priced white one for ages and finally found this one in Primark during the summer and I absolutely love it. I promptly bought it when I found it in black as well because I think it's a really flattering fit!

I got my boots for Christmas and I adore them; they're so comfy and I think are suitable for day or night. They're basically my answer to the Jeffrey Campbell Lita's which I really like but felt I couldn't quite pull off. Maybe one day!

The trousers are my trusty AA disco pants which, much to my dismay, have turned out to not be quite so reliable because I've noticed some laddering around the back pockets. I'm pretty dissapointed considering I haven't even had them for a year yet! Alas, they remain a firm favourite and I will probably still, albeit grudgingly, pay the extortionate price when the time comes to replace them.

Apologies for the lack of pictures and the poor quality. I was in such a rush so had to get my housemate to quickly snap some before I legged it out of the door to stuff myself with Italian food!





White Blazer: Primark (similar in Topshop)
T shirt: Zara Sale (similar here)
Disco PantsAmerican Apparel
Boots: Bertie Prosper (sold out - similar in Topshop)
Bag: Topshop via ebay (similar in Oasis)
EarringsTopshop
Watch: Micheal Kors 5137 (sold out - similar here)

What do you think of the monochrome trend? Are you a fan of blazers? If you know of any good alternatives to the AA disco pants I'd love to hear about them!

Chem x

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool outfit- happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Really appreciate you taking a look at my blog :) x

      Delete